Minneapolis Park Board swears in new commissioners, selects officers, committees, representatives for 2014
January 6, 2014 by Janette Law
On Saturday, January 4, 2013, the Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board announced its new officers and committee representation. Commissioner Liz Wielinski was voted in as the new President of the Board of Commissioners. In this capacity, Commissioner Wielinski will serve as an ex officio Director of the Minneapolis Parks Foundation, along with Minneapolis Parks Superintendent, Jayne Miller.
Park Board President Wielinski appointed the following Commissioners to serve on Standing Committees of the Board (one-year terms):
- Administration and Finance Committee – Chair Anita Tabb, Vice Chair Brad Bourn, Scott Vreeland, Meg Forney, Jon Olson
- Recreation Committee – Chair John Erwin, Vice Chair Jon Olson, Brad Bourn, Steffanie Musich, Anita Tabb
- Planning Committee – Chair Annie Young, Vice Chair John Erwin, Jon Olson, Anita Tabb, Steffanie Musich
- Operations and Environment Committee – Chair Scott Vreeland, Vice Chair Steffanie Musich, John Erwin, Annie Young, Jon Olson
- Legislation and Intergovernmental Committee – Chair Jon Olson, Vice Chair Anita Tabb, John Erwin, Meg Forney, Brad Bourn
- Standards and Conduct Committee – Chair Scott Vreeland, Vice Chair Annie Young, John Erwin, Anita Tabb, Meg Forney
More information about Park Board appointments and committees can be found at MinneapolisParks.org.
Featured image courtesy of MPRB.