NOW CLOSED Job Opportunity: Annual Fund and Events Manager
November 30, 2015 by Janette Law
The Minneapolis Parks Foundation (MPF) ensures the economic, environmental, civic, cultural, and physical health and well-being of Minneapolis and the region by creating the next generation of parks that meets the demands and reflects the values of our generation and those to follow.
MPF seeks an Annual Giving and Event Manager to help grow our annual fund, engage new and returning donors, and produce donor and member-focused events each year.
Annual Fund and Events Manager will be a full-time key member of a small, action-oriented staff. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer and working directly with the Executive Director and members of the Board of Directors, the Annual Fund and Events Manager will play a vital role in renewing and expanding the philanthropic revenue for an entrepreneurial, mission-driven organization dedicated to enhancing the Minneapolis park system.
The successful candidate will be motivated, entrepreneurial and willing to take ownership of critical duties and outcomes. Candidate must have strong writing skills.
Annual Giving Responsibilities
- Responsible for the management and implementation of MPF’s annual giving program.
- Work with Executive Director and Chief Development Officer to establish long-term goals and objectives, strategize the annual campaign, and manage all other fundraising efforts.
- Ensure proper donor recognition and stewardship.
- Research individual donor and prospect information.
- Develop strategies for new donor acquisition and growth.
- Collect and input donor and prospect information into donor database (Salesforce).
- Ensure accuracy of gift entry and reporting.
- Manage a timely and appropriate gift acknowledgement program.
- Assist in the creation of external content and collateral, including but not limited to appeals, newsletters, social media, website, and invitations.
- Act as a spokesperson for the organization as needed to bring in funding, volunteers, etc.
- Develop and produce all MPF events to engage and attract new donors and members.
- In coordination with other staff identify, cultivate and secure corporate, government and individual sponsorships related to events.
- Develop and meet event revenue goals for existing and new events.
- Manage and recruit development volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The position requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three to five years development and donor-relations experience.
- Knowledge of fund development principles.
- Strong organizational, administrative and communication skills.
- Strong writing, editing and presentation ability.
- Other requirements include demonstrated experience with Salesforce, and experience using Google Calendar and Microsoft Office Suite.
Salary is dependent on experience.
How to Apply
If this sounds like an opportunity you have been waiting for, please send a cover letter, resume and salary preferences to firstname.lastname@example.org. MPF will accept applications until the position is filled.