Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Like chocolate and peanut butter, art and parks make a great combination (or did I just eat too much Halloween candy?)
This year was another record-breaker for the Posters for Parks Show. The 6th annual event showcased 40 local artists’ park-inspired designs with sales topping out at 837 posters sold! Thank you to all the artists who participated and those of you who purchased their beautiful work.
Here are a few highlights from this year’s event:
- More than 1,000 folks registered for the October 23rd presale – another record.
- Orders were placed from 24 states across the country.
- “Wildflowers of Minneapolis Parks” by Studio on Fire was the biggest seller with 89.
- 20 artists sold more than 20 posters, and five artists sold out.
- More than $36,000 was raised, with half going to the artists and proceeds from the other half going to the People for Parks Fund.
- We had 554 votes for the People’s Choice which went to “Parkway” by Cheryl Peick – Congratulations!
Posters for Parks is co-hosted with our partner LoveMplsParks. We are thrilled that this event continues to be a highlight of the fall season, and we look forward to seeing you back again next year, if not beforehand, in one of these inspiring Minneapolis parks!
Your purchase of posters from this event goes directly into supporting the amazing park programs funded by the People for Parks Fund. Learn more about the Fund and the projects it supports across Minneapolis in the video below. Thank you.
Featured image courtesy of Dan Woychick Design.