Through the Parks Foundation’s always-free Next Generation of Parks™ events, global design innovators and thought-leaders showcase the most exciting new parks destinations and delve into important issues of place affecting the Twin Cities community today.
2018-2019 Next Generation of Parks™ Events
This season we welcomed Florence Williams, Robert Hammond, and Dr. Robert Zarr. Catch up on what you might have missed – or want to see again – from the videos below or visit our Vimeo or YouTube channels for past seasons.
Check back to view additional videos as they become available. Or, sign up for our newsletter and get the updates delivered to your inbox.
Become a Next Gen Sponsor
Our audience is forward-thinking and engaged. Find out how you can connect with them through sponsorship. Contact Jennifer Downham at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612.822.3401.
Download our 2018-2019 Next Gen Sponsorship One Sheet
About the Event Series
In 2010, the Minneapolis Parks Foundation helped jumpstart a conversation about parks design and city-building with our first Next Generation of Parks™ Event Series, hosting landscape designers and park advocates whose work includes The High Line in New York and London’s Green Grid. We have produced a lecture series nearly every year since, always with the goal of demystifying the impact of great design – inspiring thousands to be champions for dynamic, vibrant public space in Minneapolis and throughout the region.
Past Presentations, 2010-2019
- Sabina Ali, Co-Founder & Chair, Thorncliffe Park Women’s Committee
- Leila Araghian, Architect & Designer, Tabiat “Nature” Bridge
- Gia Biagi, Principal of Urbanism, Studio Gang
- Bruce Chamberlain, Minneapolis Parks Fellow, Minneapolis Parks Foundation
- Maurice Cox, Detroit City Planner
- Roger Cummings, Co-Founder & Creative Director, Juxtaposition Arts
- Jamie Dean, Principal Designer and Program Manager of London’s Green Grid
- Adriaan Geuze, WEST 8
- Robert Hammond, Friends of the High Line
- Eelco Hooftman, GROSS.MAX
- Mark Johnson, co-founder and principal, Civitas
- Janet Lansbury, parenting expert and author
- Tom Leader of Tom Leader Studio with Sheila Kennedy of KVA Architects
- Laurie Olin, founding principal of OLIN
- Kate Orff, Founder & Principal, SCAPE Landscape Design
- Gil Penalosa, Founder and Chair of the Board, 8 80 Cities
- Lisa Tziona Switkin, of James Corner Field Operations
- Florence Williams, Journalist and author of The Nature Fix: How Nature Makes Us Happier, Healthier and More Creative
- Lily Yeh, Founder, Barefoot Artists
- Dr. Robert Zarr, Park Rx America