Through the Parks Foundation’s always-free Next Generation of Parks™ events, global design innovators and thought-leaders showcase the most exciting new parks destinations and delve into important issues of place affecting the Twin Cities community today.
2018-2019 Next Generation of Parks™ Season
March 21, 2019
7:00-8:30 • Walker Art Center
Friends of The High Line
Always Free • Additional details coming soon
More From Our 2018-2019 Series
Audio and video from Florence Williams’ Nov. 15, 2018, talk on The Nature Fix will be available soon.
Check back for additional event details and registration links as they become available. Or, sign up for our newsletter and get the updates delivered to your inbox.
May 7, 2019
DR. ROBERT ZARR, MD, MPH
Founder & Medical Director, Park Rx America
Explore Our 2017-2018 Series
Last season we welcomed Gia Biagi, Lily Yeh, Bruce Chamberlain, and Sabina Ali. Their work in the Twin Cities and beyond has brought together communities in inspiring ways. Catch up on what you may have missed by watching the videos, below, with Lily Yeh and Sabina Ali’s videos coming soon.
You can also view video from previous Next Generation of Parks™ events on our Videos page.
About the Event Series
In 2010, the Minneapolis Parks Foundation helped jumpstart a conversation about parks design and city-building with our first Next Generation of Parks™ Event Series, hosting landscape designers and park advocates whose work includes The High Line in New York and London’s Green Grid. We have produced a lecture series nearly every year since, always with the goal of demystifying the impact of great design – inspiring thousands to be champions for dynamic, vibrant public space in Minneapolis and throughout the region.
Past Presentations, 2010-2018
- Sabina Ali, Co-Founder & Chair, Thorncliffe Park Women’s Committee
- Leila Araghian, Architect & Designer, Tabiat “Nature” Bridge
- Gia Biagi, Principal of Urbanism, Studio Gang
- Bruce Chamberlain, Minneapolis Parks Fellow, Minneapolis Parks Foundation
- Maurice Cox, Detroit City Planner
- Roger Cummings, Co-Founder & Creative Director, Juxtaposition Arts
- Jamie Dean, Principal Designer and Program Manager of London’s Green Grid
- Adriaan Geuze, WEST 8
- Robert Hammond, President of Friends of the High Line, with Lisa Tziona Switkin, of James Corner Field Operations
- Eelco Hooftman, GROSS.MAX
- Mark Johnson, co-founder and principal, Civitas
- Janet Lansbury, parenting expert and author
- Tom Leader of Tom Leader Studio with Sheila Kennedy of KVA Architects
- Laurie Olin, founding principal of OLIN
- Kate Orff, Founder & Principal, SCAPE Landscape Design
- Gil Penalosa, Founder and Chair of the Board, 8 80 Cities
- Florence Williams, Journalist and author of The Nature Fix: How Nature Makes Us Happier, Healthier and More Creative
- Lily Yeh, Founder, Barefoot Artists