Parks and the Next Generation
Thursday, June 25
Pohlad Auditorium, Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
Always Free & Open to the Public
A trio of dynamic Minneapolis design leaders will be the highlight of a highly-interactive event about Parks and the Next Generation. Together they will explore questions facing our world-class park system:
- How are youth engaging with parks and public space differently than a generation ago?
- What innovations are the next generation bringing to the use and design of future parks?
- How is “Tactical Urbanism” being used to activate public spaces in creative, playful new ways.
- Who are the park users of tomorrow and how can parks adapt to meet those changing needs.
- Our three featured guests will discuss projects now underway in North Minneapolis and demonstrate how youth are recreating our parks, in what promises to be a fun and interactive event.
Roger Cummings, Founder, Juxtaposition Arts and Loeb Fellow;
Tom Fisher, outgoing Dean, University of Minnesota College of Design and incoming Dayton Hudson Land Grant Chair and Director, University of Minnesota Metropolitan Design Center; and
Kristine Miller, Professor and Department Head, University of Minnesota College of Design Department of Landscape Architecture.
With Special Guest
Cameron Downey, JXTA Student
Sign Up Now
Featured image courtesy Juxtaposition Arts