Established in 2004, the Minneapolis Parks Foundation (MPF) serves as the private sector leader in the development of the Next Generation of Parks™ in Minneapolis. MPF’s mission is to help ensure the economic, environmental, civic and cultural health of Minneapolis and the region by creating the Next Generation of Parks™ that meet the demands and reflect the values of our generation and those to follow. This mission is the cornerstone of MPF activities. While working closely with the Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board (MPRB) on many projects, MPF, as an independent 501(c) 3, provides a separate service to the community.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Executive Director will report to the Minneapolis Parks Foundation Board of Directors (Board). The Executive Director is responsible for leading, directing and managing the organization in a manner consistent with the mission, vision and values of MPF, and doing so in a fiscally responsible and ethically sound manner.
- The Executive Director of MPF is responsible for strategic leadership and engagement with both internal and external audiences. Specific responsibilities include:
- Serving as the private sector’s chief spokesperson, advocate and champion for the MPF, assuring that the organization and its mission are highly visible and properly presented to its various publics.
- Creating a stable organization by enhancing the financial health and long-term viability of MPF through the establishment of both a robust private and community fund raising strategy and expanded grant writing capacity focused on corporate, private and family foundations and government financial support.
- The Executive Director will also be held accountable for the following outcomes:
- Insuring that MPF is established as the primary private sector convener and leader for private/public partnerships related to improving and increasing the accessibility of public parks and the riverfront throughout the community.
- Effectively managing the organization and guiding the Board by keeping its members fully informed of critical events, trends, and opportunities that will help the Board make effective policies and plans.
- A proven track record of success in a professional entrepreneurial environment.
- The ability to attract and solicit financial resources for the organization and promote a marketing culture from within by identifying and implementing strong program plans and strategies that attract revenue, gifts and grants.
- Highly developed skills in leadership, communication, management, negotiation, conflict management, advocacy, and creative methods of coaching, teaching and team development.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills including the ability, savvy, and credibility to engage and interact with key leaders.
- The willingness, presence and ability to be the Minneapolis Parks Foundation’s face to the public, which includes being an effective communicator, a persuasive influencer, and a good listener.
- The knowledge and experience to build and expand and lead their staff as MPF grows and develops.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required with a Master’s degree preferred.
For further consideration, please email your resume to Kristin Jacobs at email@example.com.